Microwave heating and sintering is fundamentally different from the conventional sintering, which involves radiant/resistance heating followed by transfer of thermal energy via conduction to the inside of the body being processed. Microwave heating is a volumetric heating involving conversion of electromagnetic energy into thermal energy, which is instantaneous, rapid and highly efficient.
“Microwave heating is basic to our manufacturing of Materials.
We are satisfied only when customers look at us as partners and not just another company.
This is our goal”.
Dimitris Niarchos, CSO
Advantages of Microwave Technology
- Time and energy saving (Low cost)
- High heating rates (>400°C/minute) (Minimization of grain growth)
- Lower sintering time and temperature (Energy savings)
- Fine microstructures (Improved mechanical properties)
- Synthesis of new and special materials (New market potential)
- Improvement in the product performance
- Environmentally friendly technique
- Controlled inert atmosphere-Environmentally friendly process
- Metallic Powders –MAGNETS
- Ceramic Powders- THERMOELECTRICS BATTERY MATERIALS